The benefits of pipe lagging
- 1. Help prevent pipes from freezing
Pipes that are exposed to the elements or pipes that are located in areas of the home that are not heated, are at a higher risk for freezing, and bursting, than other pipes. The cold air has a much more difficult time reaching the pipe if it is protected by insulation. When the cost of pipe insulation is compared to the cost of any damage caused by a pipe bursting, it is well worth the initial expenditure to insulate your pipes.
- 2. Help hot water stay hot
As hot water travels through pipes to get to the tap, it loses some of the heat. While this may not seem significant, it can cost you hundreds of pounds per year in wasted energy. Insulated hot water pipes help to keep the heat in, helping to maintain the water temperatures. This results in you using less water, and you will be able to turn your hot water heater down, saving you money on utility bills and helping the environment.
- 3. Condensation Control
Condensation can form quickly on pipes, but it can take a while for it to disappear. As moisture sits on pipes, it can cause corrosion. The end result of that corrosion will be a pipe that will have to be replaced. So instead of hoping that you do not have to replace your pipes because of moisture, pick up some of our affordable pipe insulation and take the steps necessary to protect your pipes from corrosion. In the long run, it will save you both time and money, and will also give you peace of mind.
- We update the maintenance tips and troubleshooting guidance from time to time and aim to make it as helpful as possible. The purpose of the maintenance and troubleshooting section of this website is to provide you with general guidance. Please ensure you read and follow our instructions carefully and do not undertake the maintenance or troubleshooting unless you are aged 18 or over, are competent to do so and are confident that you can complete the maintenance. If in doubt do not attempt any actions and where an appliance is gas fuelled refer to a Gas Safe engineer for assistance.
This website is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice and does not:
- cover every reason that your product could fail;
- cover all of the maintenance that can be undertaken for your product;
- supersede any advice in your instruction manual or from your product manufacturer.
Do not carry out any maintenance or use the troubleshooting guide if it puts you or anyone else in danger or if you believe it may cause damage to your, or another person’s property.